Weekly Mental Health Check-In
Weekly Mental Health Check-in with Marisa Giarnella-Porco from the Jordan Porco Foundation, Sgt. Jeltema of the Connecticut State Police and Renee.
We are joined by special guest Valerie Barton, Executive Director of the Youth Mental Health Project, a national organization based in Darien.
The Youth Mental Health Project is a group of individuals who believe that:
- Mental health lies on a continuum and includes our emotional, psychological, and social well-being.
- A healthy mind is as important to a child’s development as a healthy body.
- In order to address the devastating consequences of the current mental health crisis, early intervention and prevention must become the norm.
- With an emphasis on the mental health of children, teens, and young adults, we believe that educating, supporting, and empowering families and communities to understand and care for the mental health of young people is crucial to the health of a compassionate society.
To learn more about the Youth Mental Health Project, visit ymhproject.org.
- If you need help please call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 800-273-8255
- Call 2-1-1 in CT to find a shelter or help near you
- If you need help and are in a domestic violence situation visit: CTSafeConnect.org or call (888) 774-2900
- And of course, if you are in immediate danger or are concerned over someone's mental health call 9-1-1.