Pictured: Beth Garza, Child Development Director, and Jackie Voelker, Health & Wellness Director, of YMCA Farmington Valley
Listen below as Renee chats with Beth Garza, Child Development Director, and Jackie Voelker, Health & Wellness Director, of YMCA Farmington Valley! The pair tell us all about some exciting events coming up to benefit the LiveSTRONG program at the YMCA Farmington Valley!
Scroll down for all of the info!
LiveSTRONG at the YMCA Benefit Events!
Box for the Battle ~ Thursday, March 21st 9:30 am
- Box for the Battle 2019 to honor and fight the good fight.
Dance for the Battle ~ Friday, March 22nd 6:30 pm
- Come join Farmington Valley YMCA's team of fantastic Zumba instructors and Dance for a great cause.
- Tickets are $30, proceeds go to support Livestrong at the YMCA Survivors.
Bike for the Battle ~ Saturday, March 23rd 8-12:00 pm
- When: Saturday, March 23, 2019
- Time: 8:00 am to 12:00 pm - Hour-long slots available, $125/hour slot
- Cost: $125/hour - Sponsorship Forms and Social media fundraising information is available at the Welcome Center of the YMCA.
- The goal is to raise $50,000 to have 100 cancer survivors participate in our Livestrong at the YMCA program and... fight the fight! To date, our Farmington Valley YMCA Livestrong Program has helped over 550 cancer survivors on their road to wellness. Please help us continue our mission.
To register, visit https://ghymca.org/farmingtonvalley!
What is the LiveSTRONG program at the YMCA?
The Farmington YMCA is proud to offer LIVESTRONG at the YMCA to help cancer survivors feel alive again! This free, 12-week program is designed to help survivors overcome the effects of fatigue and deconditioning from treatment and the disease.
The program is for adult survivors from the point of diagnosis through the balance of life and includes a family membership during the 12-week program.
The YMCA offers the LIVESTRONG program each quarter of the year. Please check with the individual branches listed below for specific start dates. Participants do not need to be YMCA members -- so please share this with anyone you think might be interested.
Prior to beginning the program, all participants will be asked meet with a LIVESTRONG specialist at the YMCA for an intake appointment. The intent of the intake is to properly review each survivor’s medical needs and cancer history to create a personal and appropriate wellness plan.
Participants work with Y staff trained in supportive cancer care to safely achieve their goals such as building muscle mass and strength; increasing flexibility and endurance; and improving confidence and self-esteem. By focusing on the whole person and not the disease, LIVESTRONG at the YMCA is helping people move beyond cancer in spirit, mind and body.