Happiness comes from inside, but it’s also influenced by external factors in our lives, like who we spend time with and doing things we enjoy. It turns out, where you live can also have an impact on how happy you are. And new research reveals which states are the happiest.
WalletHub has just come out with their latest report on the Happiest States in the U.S.
- They compared the 50 states on 30 key metrics in three main areas: emotional & physical well-being, work environment and community & environment.
- They looked at everything from the depression rate to the physical health index to income growth.
- Utah tops the list as this year’s happiest state, coming in first for both work environment and community & environment.
- Hawaii, second overall, is number one for emotional and physical well-being.
- At the other end of the list is West Virginia, which is 50th overall and 50th for both work environment and emotional and physical well-being, making it the least happy state.
Top 10 Happiest States for 2023
(check out the complete list here)
- New Jersey