Have you ever watched with worry as your partner took off with friends to a bachelor or bachelorette party? It turns out, your concerns were probably justified, as a new survey reveals some of the bad behavior that goes on at these events.
“Bachelor and bachelorette parties, it’s the last hurrah,” explains Bela Gandhi, founder of Smart Dating Academy. “These events are often fueled by alcohol, controlled substances, peer pressure, and a lack of communication between partners.”
To find out what kind of “frisky business” really happens at the parties, Bonusfinder.com polled 6-thousand people.
- More than 70% admit to cheating on their partners while attending a bachelor or bachelorette party.
- They defined cheating as anything from flirting or downloading a dating app to sexting to having sex with someone else.
- The most common infidelities were relatively minor, including kissing (21.3%) and getting a lap dance (33.1%).
- But 11.2% of party attendees admit to having sex with someone else.
- And 9% confess to having a threesome at a bachelor or bachelorette party.
- Some places seem to be hotspots for being unfaithful. Delaware tops the list as the most unfaithful state, with nearly 89% of respondents from there admitting to cheating at a bachelor or bachelorette party. North Dakota (85.7%) and Idaho (84.8%) are second and third.
- On the flip side, the states with the most committed partiers are Nebraska, where only 57.1% admit to cheating, followed by Vermont (63.6%) and Maine (64%).
Source: NY Post