When parking your car on the street it's understandable to be a little concerned that someone may try to steal it, and if you own certain vehicles you have a particularly good reason to be worried.
- The National Insurance Crime Bureau just released their annual "Hot Wheels" report, identifying the ten most stolen vehicles in the country last year, so you may want to beware if you own them.
- For the second year in a row, the Chevrolet Full-Size Pick-Up and the Ford Full-Size Pick-Up land in the top two spots as the most stolen vehicles.
- Of the one million vehicles stolen last year, 14% were a Chevrolet, Ford, and GMC full-size pick-up model
- According to the “Hot Wheels” report, 48,206 Chevrolet Full-Size Pick-Ups were stolen last year, with the most stolen model being the 2004.
- The Ford Full-Size Pick-Up is close behind, with 47,999 stolen, with the most stolen model being the 2006.
Top Ten Most Stolen Vehicles Last Year
- Chevrolet Pick-Up (Full Size) (48,206)
- Ford Pick-Up (Full Size) (47,999)
- Honda Civic (31,673)
- Honda Accord (30,274)
- Toyota Camry (17,270)
- GMC Pick-Up (Full Size) (15,599)
- Nissan Altima (14,108)
- Honda CR-V (13,308)
- Jeep Cherokee/Grand Cherokee (13,210)
- Toyota Corolla (12,927)
Source: National Insurance Crime Bureau