We are already a quarter done with 2022, and it seems plenty of folks are getting busy because they have a lot they want to accomplish this year.
A new survey finds:
- 62% of Americans say they have more life goals they want to accomplish this year compared to previous years.
- Among the top life goals folks are hoping to get to this year:
- Take a domestic vacation in the U.S. (44%)
- Take a vacation abroad (39%)
- Purchase a car (38%)
- Attend a concert or festival (37%)
- Attend a sporting event (36%)
- Buy a new summer wardrobe (35%)
- Buy a home (35%)
- Attend a wedding (34%)
- Furnish a home/apartment (34%)
- Move to a new city/state (31%)
- Plan a wedding (28%)
- Move in with a significant other/partner (28%)
- Get pregnant / Have a child (26%)
- Get engaged (26%)
- The fact that the top two goals pertain to travel is a bit surprising.
- But of those with travel goals on their minds...
- 64% are planning a group trip with family and friends.
- 50% are planning a road trip.
- 48% are planning a bucket list vacation.
- When it comes to wedding-related goals:
- The average person expects to be invited to four weddings this year.
- 28% are actually planning a wedding.
- Of those attending weddings, the average person spends $2,877 with that going up to $3,260 for folks in the wedding party
Source: SWNS Digital