“The Takeout” has announced their Official 2021 Halloween Candy Power Rankings and this year they are being ranked by portability, or how easy it is to stick the candy in a pocket, backpack, purse or whatever is portable for you. These are the 10 they’ve tapped as “most portable”:
- Reese’s Cups– these are a problem if you have to stick them in your pocket because they melt easily and are hard to eat when you have to scoop them out of their cup liners.
- Hershey Mini Bars– also a problem because they melt easily but are better than Reese’s but they also can “leak” out of their individual foil wrappers.
- Snickers– easier to eat because you can break the bar out of it’s wrapper but still melty because of the chocolate and nougat combination.
- Twix– these have “less gooey innards” according to The Takeout and a strong cookie foundation but can also easily melt in the heat.
- Tootsie Pops– less melty and easier to haul around than their chocolate competitors and can last much longer.
- Jolly Ranchers– since they come individually wrapped they are pretty much melt-proof and portable as well.
- Sour Patch Kids– these are easy to manage and tote around since they come in a bag but make sure you don’t let the sour powder escape.
- M&M’s– the only chocolate candy that is portable and pretty much avoids melting.
- Skittles– melt-proof and portable, these check in as the number 2 choice.
- Starburst– individually wrapped, no chocolate and pretty much last forever, so these are The Takeout’s #1 choice for portable Halloween candies.
Halloween is just around the corner, and folks have probably started hitting up the supermarket to get their candy stash for trick-or-treaters. But nobody wants to be that house with the candy nobody likes, and now a new report may help you make sure you pick up everybody's favorites.
- Instacart just came out with report on Halloween candy.
- According to their data, last year over 2.5 million pounds of candy was purchased in the weeks leading up to October 31st.
- Peanut M&Ms were the most popular candy, followed by regular M&Ms.
Top 10 Halloween Candy
- Peanut M&Ms
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
- Hershey’s Milk Chocolate
- Kit Kat
- Candy Corn
- Sour Patch Kids
- HARIBO Goldbears
Other Halloween tidbits from Instacart’s report:
- 43% of all October candy purchases take place during the last week of the month.
- And apparently a lot of people wait until the last minute, because the peak purchasing day is October 31st.
- States in the South, including Mississippi, Kentucky, Virginia, North Carolina, and Arkansas, are the most likely to purchase candy corn.
- 35% of people say they love candy corn, but 16% of people say candy corn is the worst Halloween candy.
- States that purchase the most candy include Utah, Idaho, Alaska, Montana and Washington.
- States that purchase the least include North Carolina, Florida, New York, Iowa and Connecticut.
- 53% of parents say they are absolutely or probably going to eat their kids candy.
- And 56% of those parents won’t feel any guilt about it.
Source:The Takeout & Dr Dave