Summer is right around the corner and for a lot of folks, that means one thing: summer vacation. Between Memorial Day and Labor Day, millions of Americans will enjoy a getaway and a new report reveals what their travel plans are.
The Vacationer’s annual Summer Travel Survey finds:
- Nearly 85% of Americans plan to travel this summer (84.76%), which is about 219 million American adults.
- That includes 40.71% who expect to only go on one trip and 44.05% who will travel more than once.
- Overall, that’s 5% more people traveling this summer than last (based on their 2022 survey).
- Close to 23% plan to travel internationally, including 6.39% who will only be traveling outside the country and 16.52% who are planning trips both in the U.S. and foreign countries.
- Another 61.75% will be traveling only here in the U.S. this summer.
- As for how they’re traveling, more than 78% plan to take at least one road trip this summer
- 16.52% will travel within 100 miles of home
- 23.4% will travel within 250 miles of home
- 20.45% will travel within 500 miles of home
- 11.21% will travel within 1,000 miles of home
- And 7.08% will travel more than 1,000 miles from home
- Over 54% of Americans expect to travel by plane over the summer, which equals about 139-million people. This includes 30.38% who will only fly once and 23.70% who plan to fly more than once.
Source: The Vacationer