OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN OR CLAIM PRIZE. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE AN ENTRANT’S CHANCES OF WINNING.
Contest Name: Foreigner Choir Contest (the “Contest”)
Station:WHCN-FM (the “Station”)
Address: 10 Columbus Boulvard; Hartford, CT 06106
This Contest is sponsored solely by iHeartMedia + Entertainment, Inc. (“Sponsor”). Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest must be directed to the Sponsor. For a copy of these Official Contest Rules, please visit the participating Station’s website: www.theriver1059.com
List of Winner(s): For the name(s) of the winner(s) send a stamped, self-addressed envelope, to: iHeartMedia + Entertainment, Inc., The River 105.9; 10 Columbus Boulevard; Hartford, CT 06106
ELIGIBILITY: This Contest is open only to state accredited public or private middle and high schools (grade 6 - 12) (“Middle or High School”) in the state of Connecticut (ii) who are in a choir (“Choir”). The Middle School or High School must designate an authorized representative who (alone) will be responsible for communicating with Sponsor regarding High School’s participation in Contest (assuming its registration is accepted by Sponsor). The authorized representative must be a legal U.S. resident of the state of Connecticut who is 21 year of age or older at the time of entry and a choir director or principle with the requisite authority to bind the middle school or high school (“Entrant”).
The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local law and regulations. Void outside the states of Connecticut and where prohibited by law.
Employees, contractors, officers and directors of Sponsor, its affiliates, parent companies, subsidiaries, divisions, suppliers, distributors and advertising, promotional and judging agencies, the Station, and any third party prize provider(s) and/or prize fulfillment service (collectively, the “Contest Entities”); individuals employed by any other radio and televisions station; and members of the immediate families (spouse and biological, adoptive or step-parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren and siblings, and each of their respective spouses regardless of where they reside) or households (whether related or not) of any of the above individuals are not eligible to participate in the Contest or win the prize.
Eligibility Frequency Limits: The Sponsor may set limitations on how frequently an individual can be eligible to win more than one prize within a specified time period.For national sweepstakes/contests, an individual may win only once (1) every fifteen (15) days. However, the same individual may not win more than one trip to a specific event. For local sweepstakes/contests, an individual may win only once (1) every seven (7) days. An individual may not win more than three (3) times in one month. Only one (1) winner per household is permitted in any contest or sweepstakes.“Household members” shall mean people who share the same residence at least three (3) months a year.
1.TIMING. The entry period begins May 8, 2023 at 12:00:00 a.m. ET and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on May 26, 2023 (the “Entry Period”). The Contest judging period begins on May 30, 2023 and ends on June 1, 2023 (“The Judging Period”). Contest winners will be announced on June 2, 2023.
DESCRIPTION OF CONTEST/HOW TO ENTER.
During the Contest Period, visit the participating Station’s website to register for the Contest by submitting the entry form with all required information. The High School may upload a video performing in a cappella an original song (“Song”). Limit one (1) entry per person/email address/household. Entries must contain all information requested and comply with all content submission requirements set forth herein to be valid. The Sponsor will not take submissions from a 3rd party. Proof of ownership may be required by contest judges. Contest submissions must be submitted and received before the registration deadline.
VIDEO SUBMISSION CRITERIA: The Sponsor will not take submissions from a 3rd party. Proof of ownership may be required by contest judges. Entrant acknowledges and agrees that professional videos (i.e., videos taken by a videographer who was paid to take such videos) are not eligible. Contest submissions must be submitted and received before the registration deadline.
Format of the Entry Video
·Entry submissions must be made by direct download of the video to the entry page featuring the Middle School or High School choir performing a classic rock song (not Foreigner) in a cappella.
·Submission MUST be a classic rock song that is not a Foreigner song
·The Entrant should complete the entry form with his/her accurate contact information and upload the Song;
·The video shall be the Middle School or High School choir performing the Song in a cappella and may not exceed thirty (_:30) seconds or less in length;
·The High School choir must have a minimum of ten (10) students with a maximum of twenty_ (20) students and be represented by the Entrant as defined above.
·Only one entry per school
·The school’s music/choir director or principal must be the point of contact for entry submission
·Permissions: Entrant must have permission from any recognizable individuals who appear in the Submission to use their names and likenesses in the Submission and to grant the rights set forth herein. Minors may only be included in the Submission if entrant has permission from their parent or legal guardian. If requested, entrant and/or parent or legal guardian must be able to provide such permissions or proof in a form acceptable to Sponsor.
Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Should multiple users of the same e-mail account or mobile phone number, as applicable, enter the Contest and a dispute thereafter arise regarding the identity of the entrant, the authorized account holder of said e-mail account or mobile phone account at the time of entry will be considered the entrant. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address or mobile phone number by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, telephone service provider or other organization which is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses, phone numbers or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Proof of submission of an entry shall not be deemed proof of submission or receipt by the Sponsor for online entries. When applicable, the Sponsor’s computer will be deemed the official time keeping device for the Contest. Entries will be disqualified if incomplete and/or if prohibited multiple entries in excess of the states limit are received. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
By participating, you agree (a) to be bound by these Official Contest Rules; (b) as between you and the Sponsor, that the decisions of the Sponsor is final on all matters relating to the Contest; (c) you are not participating on behalf of any employer or third party; (d) in the event that you do not comply with these Rules, that you will be disqualified and your prize (if any) will be forfeited; and (e) (when applicable) the potential winner and/or finalist must be available to participate in any portion to the Contest that participation may be required to be considered eligible.
2. ENTRANT CONTENT REQUIREMENTS.
Entry cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor or its products, or other people, products or companies or communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate.
As used herein, “Content” includes and refers to all information, content, and material submitted by you in connection with the Contest (including, but not limited to your submission).
By submitting Content, you warrant and represent that such Content: (a) is your original work, (b) has not been previously published, (c) has not won previous awards, (d) has not been copied from others, (e) does not infringe upon the rights of any person or entity (including such individual’s and/or entity’s copyrights, trademarks rights, rights of privacy or publicity or any other intellectual property), and (f) that you have obtained permission from a person whose name, likeness or image is used in the Content. Any such Entrant will indemnify and hold harmless, Released Parties (as defined herein) from any claims to the contrary.
By submitting Content you agree that your Content disclosure is gratuitous, unsolicited, and made without restriction, will not place the Sponsor or Contest Entities under any fiduciary or other obligation, that the Sponsor is free to use and otherwise disclose the ideas contained in the Content on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you. You acknowledge that, by acceptance of your Content, the Sponsor and the Contest Entities do not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Sponsor or Contest Entities, or developed by their employees, or obtained from sources other than you.
All Content submitted must confirm to the additional submission requirements set forth as follows to be eligible:
·Content must comply with these Official Rules;
·The Content must be Federal Communications Commission acceptable, including no use of indecent or obscene material or language;
·Content cannot be sexually explicit or suggestive, unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, contain nudity or any materially dangerous activity;
·Content cannot promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, or firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), and cannot promote or portray any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message;
·Content cannot be offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group;
·Content cannot infringe or violate any copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, right of publicity, privacy right, or other intellectual property, proprietary, or contractual right of a third party and cannot contain any personal identification such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses, other than entrant’s;
·The Content cannot be abusive or harassing towards any individual or group of individuals regarding race, sex, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation or any legally protected classification (which includes, but is not limited to, epithets or slurs, threats, intimidations, or hostile acts);
·Content cannot communicate any messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate;
·Content cannot depict, and cannot itself, be in violation of any law; and
·The Content must be socially acceptable and in good taste, as determined by the Station in the Station’s sole discretion.
ALL DECISIONS REGARDING THE APPROPRIATENESS OF THE MATERIALS CONTAINED IN THE CONTENT SHALL BE AT THE SOLE DISCRETION OF THE SPONSOR. The Sponsor reserves the right to reject any Content, in its sole discretion, based on the terms set forth herein as well as current broadcast standards and other programming and operating practices and policies established by the Sponsor and/or Station for airing advertising. Any waiver of any obligation hereunder by Sponsor does not constitute a general waiver of any obligation to entrants. Sponsor reserves the right to waive the Contest Content requirements set forth herein in its reasonable discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its reasonable discretion, during or upon completion of the Entry Period, to request that any entrant resubmit his or her Content which fails to comply with the Entrant Content Requirements prior to any judging period. ENTRANT CONTENT POSTED TO THE WEBSITE WAS NOT EDITED BY SPONSOR AND IS THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE INDIVIDUAL ENTRANT AND DOES NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS OF SPONSOR IN ANY MANNER. If you think that any third party content infringes your intellectual property rights, contact us by mail at DMCA Designated Agent, c/o Legal Department, iHeartMedia, Inc., 20880 Stone Oak Parkway, San Antonio, Texas 78258,” by fax at (210) 832-3149, or by email at dmca@iHeartMedia.com and include the information required as identified at https://www.iheartmedia.com/legal/terms.
By participating, you acknowledge that your Entry may be used in Sponsor's sole discretion. Entries are the views/opinions of the individual Entrant and do not reflect the views of the Sponsor in any manner. By entering, you acknowledge that Sponsor has no obligation to use or post any Entry you submit.
By accepting a prize, the winner(s) agrees that his or her Content will be deemed a Work Made For Hire under the Copyright laws of the United States, but if it cannot be so deemed, then the winner irrevocably assigns and transfers to Sponsor all of his/her right, title and interest in and to his/her Content, including all but not limited to all copyright and trademark rights which he or she may have, in the United States and worldwide, therein, for consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged. Winner hereby waives in favor of Sponsor, all rights of “Droit Moral” or “Moral Rights of Authors” or any similar rights or principles of law that winner may now or later have to their Content. Sponsor reserves the right to alter, change or modify the winning Content, in its sole discretion. Upon request of Sponsor, winner shall execute and deliver such additional instrument of assignment, as may be solely deemed by Sponsor, reasonably necessary to establish the ownership of record of the right, title and interest in and to the Content and of the copyrights transferred and “Moral Rights of Authors” waived under these Official Rules. Should Sponsor fail to request the said assignment as stated that shall not be deemed a waiver of Sponsor’s rights and Sponsor may at a later time request the assignment.
3. JUDGING: During the Judging Period, the Sponsor and designated panel of judges will determine one (1) grand prize winner using the equally weighted judging criteria listed below. ALL DECISIONS OF THE JUDGES WILL BE FINAL. In the event of a tie, tie breaker will be based upon the highest score in the first judging criteria, continuing thereafter to each judging criteria in order, as needed, to break the tie.
Potential Sweepstakes winner(s) is subject to verification, including verification of eligibility. If an entrant is unable to verify his/her information, the entrant will automatically be disqualified and their prize, if any, will be forfeited. The Sponsor reserves the right to determine an alternate winner in accordance with these Official Rules in the event that that any winner is disqualified, cannot be contacted, or is deemed ineligible for any reason, or is not available to participate in any applicable Sweepstakes events.
Winner Notification: Winner will be notified within one (1) day of the last day of the winner selection, via e-mail, and/or at Sponsor's discretion via phone at the phone number provided during registration. In the event the Winner doesn't respond to Sponsor's notification or does not accept the prize within one (1) day of notification, the prize will be deemed forfeited and an alternate Winner will be selected. In the event that any one or more potential Winner(s) fails to respond as stated above, declines the prize or fails to provide signed affidavits or releases, such Winner(s) will be deemed to forfeit the prize and Sponsor will select an alternate Winner(s) from the remaining eligible entrants. If any alternate(s) similarly fails to respond or declines the prize, Sponsor will use a reasonable number of attempts, in its discretion, to award the prize(s) to another alternate(s) but if it is unable to do so, the prize(s) will be finally forfeited and Sponsor shall have no further liability in connection with this Contest.
The Sponsor is not responsible for any change of email address, mailing address, and/or telephone number of entrants. The Contest Entities are not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify a finalist and/or potential winner(s), or (if the finalist or potential winner is a minor) for late, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts of the entrant to provide signed parental or guardian consent.
Choir will open the show for Foreigner’s Farewell Tour at Mohegan Sun Arena on Friday, September 1, 2023 performing a cappella set of the classic rock song of their choice (can not be a Foreigner song) and a Bose PAL 1 Pro 16 Sound system.
Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $3,000.00
Prize provided by: iHeartMedia and Foreigner_ (“Prize Provider”)
No more than the advertised number of prizes shall be awarded. The prize is subject to certain terms and conditions as specified herein. A prize may not be sold, traded, or commissioned, and is not exchangeable, transferable, substitutable, or redeemable for cash except in Sponsor's sole discretion. Prize details and availability are subject to change. Sponsor is not the supplier or guarantor of any prize, unless otherwise specified. Prizing may be fulfilled by a third party fulfillment Sponsor. The prize will only be awarded if properly claimed according to the Rules. All costs and expenses related to the prize acceptance, the prize, and/or prize use not specified herein as being provided are the sole responsibility of winner(s).
FOR CONCERTS AND OTHER TICKETED EVENTS: Any other expenses or items not specifically listed, including but not limited to, transportation, accommodations, meals, parking and souvenirs, are the responsibility of winner and/or winner’s guest(s). If a guest(s) is a minor, the minor guest(s) must be accompanied by their parent or legal guardian. If the ticketed event or any portion thereof is postponed, rained out, canceled, or for other reasons beyond Sponsor’s control does not occur, the Sponsor will not be responsible for replacing the ticketed portion of prize. Tickets are subject to certain terms and conditions specified thereon, and seat locations (if any) are as solely determined by Sponsor. Lost or stolen tickets will not be replaced. The Sponsor shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitution or any act or omissions whatsoever by the venue operator, prize provider or any other persons providing any prize-related services. If travel delays, cancellations or difficulty prevent arrival in time for the event, the Sponsor is not responsible for awarding any compensation in lieu thereof. Tickets must be redeemed as stated in the prize notification or otherwise stated in the Official Rules. Winner must present state authorized identification prior to being awarded the prize. Failure to collect or properly claim any prize in accordance with these rules will result in forfeiture of the prize. If prize is forfeited for any reason, winner will not receive any other prize substitution or compensation, and the prize will remain the property of the Sponsor and will not be awarded, except as provided herein. Winner agrees to accept all space availability requirements established by the venue. Winner and guest(s) must comply with all applicable laws, and any rules and regulations established by the venue. Sponsor and the applicable venue representatives reserve the right to remove or to deny entry to winner (and his/her guest(s)) who engage in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person at the event or in any other objectionable behavior. Winner agrees that acceptance of the prize is done so entirely upon their own initiative, risk, and responsibility.
FOR PRIZE-RELATED EVENTS: COVID-19 Release and Waiver: Winner understands and agrees that attending an event, in connection with the prize, will be dangerous due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) epidemic/pandemic and assumes any and all risks of illness, injury or loss due to such attendance. Winner acknowledges that, notwithstanding the safety precautions taken by the venue, and other providers of services related to the prize, it is possible that he/she may still contract Coronavirus (COVID-19). Additionally, winner understands and agrees that, in response to economic and/or social conditions engendered by the Coronavirus (COVID-19), Sponsor or prize provider may be compelled to modify, postpone or cancel the event. In all cases, winner releases and agrees to hold harmless Sponsor (as well as the other Released Parties) from any and all liability in conjunction therewith and, in no event, shall Sponsor (as well as the other Released Parties), have any liability in excess of the above-indicated ARV of the prize.
The prize winner and guest(s) must conduct themselves at all times in a socially responsible, respectful and appropriate manner including following all private guidance from a venue operator and other prize suppliers as well as governmental mandates intended and designed to prevent contracting and/or spreading COVID-19/Coronavirus; which may include but are not limited to maintaining social distancing, mask-wearing, testing and may also include quarantine (if mandated).
Conditions and restrictions may apply. Limit: One (1) prize per person/household. ALL PRIZES ARE AWARDED “AS IS” AND THE SPONSOR DOES NOT MAKE (AND IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR) ANY REPRESENTATIONS, GUARANTEES, OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATING TO ANY PRIZE (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE), AND ALL SUCH WARRANTIES ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED.
Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions or failures of any kind, including: failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed transmission of online entries, traffic congestion on telephone lines, the Internet or at any website or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit an online entrant's ability to participate in the Contest; (2) any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in the Contest; (3) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (4) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (5) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or operation of the Contest; or (5) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries.
The Sponsor further reserves the right to: (i) cancel, terminate, suspend, declare null or void, amend, alter, or modify the Contest, void any suspicious entries, rescind any prize, and/or determine absolute resolution, and/or an alternate method of conducting the Contest and/or awarding the prize(s) at any time, for any reason, or if, in the sole discretion of the Sponsor, it is impossible or impractical to complete or conduct the Contest as planned for any reason, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures of any sort, programming associated with or used in the Contest, by any human error which may occur in the execution of this Contest, or any other causes which effect the operation of the Contest or the rules of the integrity of the Contest have been violated or compromised in any way, intentionally or unintentionally by any person whether or not a entrant in the Contest and/or (ii) stop or conclude the Contest at any time without prior notice. Material changes to the Official Rules will be broadcast on-air, when practical. In the event of termination of the Contest by Sponsor, Sponsor reserves the right to award any prize(s) in a manner deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor.
6. PUBLICITY. Except where prohibited, by accepting a prize, winner(s) grant the Sponsor and Station(s) permission to use their names, characters, images, voices, and likenesses worldwide, in perpetuity, in any and all media now known or hereinafter invented in any and all marketing and promotional materials and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use. Each winner’s name may be included in a publicly available winners list.
8. RELEASES, CONDITIONS, AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to release and waive any and all claims of liability against the Contest Entities and any applicable third party fulfillment service and each of their respective employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against from any and all liability, loss or damage (including personal injury) incurred with respect to the conduct of or participation in the Contest, or the awarding, shipping/handling, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of any prize, including any travel related thereto. By accepting the prize, winner(s) hereby agrees that: (i) to release each of the Released Parties from any and all claims in connection with the Contest and the award or use of the prizes; and (ii) where allowed by law, sign a publicity release confirming consent to use the winner’s name/likeness as set forth in Section 6 prior to acceptance of the prize. The Released Parties are not responsible or liable to any entrant or winner or any person claiming through such entrant or winner for failure to supply the prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action, regulation, order or request by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity, including, but not limited to restrictions on travel, movement, and large gatherings, (whether or not the action, regulations, order or request proves to be invalid), national emergency, equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorist acts, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, volcanic eruption, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic, pandemic, viral or communicable disease outbreak, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal) labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other cause beyond the Contest Entities’ sole control. Upon awarding the prize, the Sponsor will have no further obligation to winner.
9. TAXES. Any valuation of the prize(s) stated above is based on available information provided to the Sponsor, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported to the IRS as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes, related to prize acceptance and use not specified herein. Each winner must provide the Sponsor with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Any person winning over $600 in prizes from the Sponsor in a calendar year will be issued an IRS Form 1099 reporting the value of those prizes to the IRS.
10. CONDUCT AND DECISIONS. All decisions of the Sponsor will be final and binding on all matters relating to this Contest. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. The Sponsor will interpret these Rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Contest and the Sponsor’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. Any reference in these Official Rules or as part of the Contest to the Sponsor’s and/or Station’s "discretion" and/or any exercise of discretion by the Sponsor or Station shall mean in Sponsor’s and/or Station’s "sole and unfettered discretion." The Sponsor further reserves the right to terminate the Contest if in its sole judgment, the rules or the integrity of the Contest have been violated or compromised in any way, intentionally or unintentionally by any person whether or not a entrant in the Contest. In the event the Contest is terminated, Sponsor will award the prize(s) in a manner to be determined by Sponsor from all eligible entries received prior to termination. If applicable material changes to the Contest rules will be broadcast on-air and available on-line at the Station’s website, when practical. The Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of this provision.
11. BINDING ARBITRATION. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to the Sponsor Contest shall be settled by binding arbitration in a location determined by the arbitrator as set forth herein (provided that such location is reasonably convenient for claimant), or at such other location as may be mutually agreed upon by the parties, in accordance with the procedural rules for commercial disputes set forth in the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures of JAMS (“JAMS Rules and Procedures”) then prevailing, and judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The arbitrator shall be selected pursuant to the JAMS Rules and Procedures. The arbitrator shall apply Texas law consistent with the Federal Arbitration Act and applicable statutes of limitations, and shall honor claims of privilege recognized at law. In the event that the claimant is able to demonstrate that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to the costs of litigation, Sponsor will pay as much of the claimant’s filing and hearing fees in connection with the arbitration as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive. If any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal (other than that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis), or otherwise conflicts with the rules and procedures established by JAMS, then the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not contained herein. If, however, the portion that is deemed invalid, unenforceable or illegal is that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis, then the entirety of this arbitration provision shall be null and void, and neither claimant nor Sponsor shall be entitled to arbitrate their dispute. Upon filing a demand for arbitration, all parties to such arbitration shall have the right of discovery, which discovery shall be completed within sixty days after the demand for arbitration is made, unless further extended by mutual agreement of the parties. THE ARBITRATION OF DISPUTES PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH SHALL BE IN THE ENTRANT’S INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN THE CLAIMS OF OTHER PERSONS OR PARTIES WHO MAY BE SIMILARLY SITUATED. DO NOT ENTER THIS CONTEST IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO HAVE ANY CLAIM OR CONTROVERSY ARBITRATED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
12. MISCELLANEOUS. Sponsor reserves the right to determine eligibility should special circumstances arise, all decisions are considered final and binding. Sponsor disclaims any responsibility to notify entrants of any aspect related to the conduct of the Contest. As a condition of participating in the Contest, entrants agree (and agree to confirm in writing) that: (a) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain costs, judgments, or awards for, and entrant hereby knowingly and expressly waives all rights to claim or seek punitive, incidental, consequential, special, or any other damages, other than for actual, third-party out-of-pocket expenses, and in such limitation, entrant further waives any rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased; (b) any and all disputes, claims, or causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, through binding arbitration as set forth above, without resort to any form of class action; and (c) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred (if any), excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitations or exclusion of liability, so the above may not apply to every entrant. Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of these Official Rules. Winning a prize is contingent upon entrant’s fulfillment of all requirements set forth herein.
13. COMPLIANCE WITH LAW AND GOVERNING LAW. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Contest Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Texas, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in Section 11 of these Official Rules and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in the State of Texas, in the City of San Antonio.