During Pregnancy you need more vitamins and minerals
• Consume foods and beverages rich in folate, iron, calcium, and protein. Talk with your health care professional about prenatal supplements (vitamins you may take while pregnant).
• Folate, a B vitamin known as folic acid, may help prevent birth defects
• Foods high in folate: orange juice, strawberries, spinach, broccoli, beans, fortified breads and fortified low sugar breakfast cereals
• Eat breakfast every day.
• Drink fluids (particularly water) to avoid constipation.
• Avoid alcohol, raw or undercooked fish, fish high in mercury, undercooked meat and poultry, and soft cheeses.
Healthy tips of the day brought to you by Eastern Connecticut Health Network.
Get more healthy tips online at echn.org/blog!