Tips for keeping up your exercise plan even in the hot weather…
- Avoid the hottest time of day and plan for an early am or evening workout
- Stay hydrated before, during and after you exercise
- Take it easy at first and gradually increase your intensity and pace as your body adjusts to the heat
- Wear light colored, light weight and loose fitting clothing that allows for air circulation to help keep you cool
- Switch up your exercise options with water based activities like swimming, water aerobics, kayaking and paddle board yoga
Healthy tips of the day brought to you by Eastern Connecticut Health Network.
Get more healthy tips online at echn.org/blog.