Healthy BBQ eating tips
- Remember to create a healthy plate! Half filled with veggie based sides, a quarter with lean protein and the other quarter goes to healthy whole grains.
- Hit up your local farm stand for the freshest fruits and veggies to add to salads and side dishes.
- Use a mayo substitute like tahini or hummus to lower the fat and keep sides safe in the warmer temperatures.
- Add shredded veggies like zucchini, carrots, mushrooms and onions to ground turkey, chicken or beef to keep burgers moist and healthy.
- Make your own salad dressing with healthy oils like olive and avocado, fresh herbs and varied vinegars.
Healthy tips of the day brought to you by Eastern Connecticut Health Network.
Get more healthy tips online at echn.org/blog!