Tips for a Good Night’s Rest Tired of not getting a good night’s sleep? Adopting good sleep hygiene can be a simple way keep your circadian rhythms in place and promote quality sleep.
• Have a consistent bedtime and wake time schedule
• Get enough sunlight during the day
• If you take naps, limit them to 30 minutes
• Avoid electronic screens one hour before bedtime
• Relax before bed – read, meditate or go for a walk
• Avoid alcohol, cigarettes and caffeine before bedtime If you have trouble sleeping and you don’t know why, you might have a sleep disorder.
Healthy tips of the day brought to you by Eastern Connecticut Health Network. If you are concerned you may have a sleep disorder, call ECHN’s sleep disorder center at 860.647.6881 to schedule an appointment.