Mother’s Day is only a few weeks away, and while you still have plenty of time to get your mom a gift, know that mom probably doesn’t expect much, which is why she’s likely to treat herself to what she really wants.
A new survey finds:
- 68% of women say they’ve purchased gifts for themselves.
- Specifically, 54% of women say they’ve treated themselves to a Mother’s Day gift, with 40% of those women actually being mothers.
And it’s not just Mother’s Day.
- Most women say they shop for holiday gifts for themselves, with the most notable occasions being:
- Birthday (73%)
- Christmas (65%)
- Valentine’s Day (61%)
- As for what they are most likely to buy themselves, the top gifts include:
- Cosmetics (49%)
- Clothing (43%)
- Skincare (38%)
- Food (37%)
- Jewelry (35%)
- Tech or gadgets (34%)
- Alcohol (27%)
But just because women buy the gifts for themselves, doesn’t mean they want to miss out on opening presents.
- 60% of women say they make their spouses or partners give them the gifts they purchased.
- Another 60% make their children do it.