Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, and if there’s anything worse than not getting your loved one something, it’s getting them something really bad. Well, a new survey reveals some of the worst Valentine’s Day gifts ever given, so you better listen up if you don’t want your love angry.
- According to a Dating.com survey, 78% of users say they’ve received a Valentine’s Day gift they didn’t enjoy.
- Among the worst presents received:
- Wilted Flowers
- A picture frame with no picture in it
- A pet hamster
- A bag of unopened assorted Halloween candy
- Valentine's Day themed socks
- An online workout subscription
- An Ashtray
- A used gift card
- An open bottle of wine / liquor
- An old VHS movie
And those aren’t the only gifts you should avoid on Valentine’s Day. According to the site, these are also big no-nos.
- Engagement-style rings– unless you are getting down on your knees to propose, you should never get your S.O. a ring that looks like an engagement ring.
- Perfume/cologne that your ex used to wear– If you must get someone perfume or cologne, pick a scent that suits them, not one that reminds you of someone you used to love.
- Pets– Pets are cute, but they are a commitment, and a lot of work, which isn’t really all that romantic when you think about it. If you really want to get them one, make sure they are totally on board with the idea.
Photo: Getty Images