Here is Renee's interview with Ann Harrison, Communications Director for Workforce Alliance of South Central CT.
The organization is responding to the COVID-19 crisis by moving its in-person job seeker assistance online. It is also working with essential businesses including Amazon, Gaylord Specialty Care, Bio-Med and others to hire job seekers.
Workforce Alliance is a nonprofit organization that offers free training and workforce assistance to job seekers and employers in Connecticut.
About Workforce Alliance:
- Workforce Alliance of South Central CT is one of five in CT that can act as a regional connection between essential employers who are hiring and job seekers
- Some people may be familiar with Workforce Alliance through American Job Centers. Connecticut has 20 American Job Centers, which offer free, comprehensive and affiliate support to job seekers.
- There is never a fee for job seekers or employers to use Workforce Alliance services.
- In the last year, more than 9,000 people found employment after utilizing services offered by Workforce Alliance and the American Job Centers in South Central CT.
What services is Workforce Alliance offering employers and job seekers?
While the American Job Centers are closed to walk-in traffic and in-person appointments, the organization is moving many of its popular workshops online including conflict resolution, how to beat the applicant tracking system, career search for the seasoned professional and more. These are free online workshops and are accessible at
For employers, Workforce Alliance provides access to pre-screened job seekers and is reaching out to our current employers and companies in South Central CT who want to use its services to contact Business Services Coordinator Wanda Lary at (203) 867-4030 ext. 254 or email@example.com
Who is hiring?
• Workforce Alliance has posted the immediate hiring opportunities on its websitehttps://www.workforcealliance.biz/recruiting-and-hiring/ and continues to work with companies and job seekers.
To learn more, visit: