Here is Renee's interview with Lisa Cato-Scott and Veronica T. DeLandro, hosts of the upcoming Diner en Blanc in Hartford!
The ladies share the history of the original Diner en Blanc in Paris and explain why they wanted to bring this exclusive experience to the capital city!
The Diner en Blanc will take place on Sunday, July 28th at a top secret location in Hartford!
Listen below for all of the info!
What are the key rules of the event?
- Le Dîner en Blanc® is quite different from other special events. The evening takes place in a crowded public place that was not designed for such a purpose. Dîner en Blanc must necessarily remain controlled in order to continue holding future events.In order to participate, guests must be a member or be sponsored by a member from the previous year, or they must sign up to official website's waiting list.
- Once confirmed, each guests' participation in the event becomes mandatory, regardless of weather conditions, as Dîner en Blanc is a rain or shine event.
- Participants arrive and then depart in unison by chartered bus or organized public transportation.
- They take all of their belongings with them at the end of the night, including leftovers and trash, and they leave the site as clean as it was upon arrival.
- A table and two white chairs.
- A picnic basket including a white tablecloth and napkins, gourmet meal items, cutlery, dishware, and glassware.
- Wine or Champagne, if allowed. Beer and hard alcohol is prohibited.
- Participants must wear white (and white only) and be dressed elegantly.
- Originality is always encouraged as long as it stays stylish and denotes taste.
To apply for an invite: