Please join us and the staff from TouchByJ Hair by Jeicoby Salon & Spa Team at the Elk’s Lodge #1893 as St. Baldrick’s comes to Manchester, CT. Not only can you raise money for a great cause – children’s cancer research – but you can get your summer haircut as a bonus!
Jun 23, 2019 • 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Elks Lodge #1893-Venue Pending
30 Bissell Street, Manchester, CT US
In case you are still wondering why you should be part of this event, here are the TOP TEN REASONS TO ROCK THE BALD AND RAISE MONEY FOR CHILDREN’S CANCER RESEARCH:
1. Every two minutes a child is diagnosed with cancer. Twenty percent (20%) of them will not survive!
2. More children are lost to cancer in the United States than any other disease!
3. By the time childhood cancer survivors turn 45, 95% of them will have a chronic health condition and 80% will have a severe or life-threatening medical condition!
4. Childhood cancer research is extremely underfunded. Only 4% of federal cancer research funding is dedicated solely to pediatric cancer research!
5. Pharmaceutical companies dedicate almost NO money to children’s cancer research because childhood cancer drugs are not profitable!
6. St. Baldrick’s is the largest private (non-government) funder of childhood cancer research grants, providing $258 million in research grant funding since 2005.
7. It’s summer, who needs hair!
8. Zero hair-care for at least a month means more time for you!
9. Hair is an accessory not a necessity and bald goes with everything!
10. Bald really is beautiful and even more beautiful when it's helping kids with cancer!
If you’re not quite ready for the buzz, we still need your help. If you have at least 10 inches of hair to donate, you can keep the rest! However, if you have clipperitis, no problem, sign up as a volunteer and fundraise. Every dollar counts!