Pictured: Anthony Meliso, Director of Development at the American Lung Assoc., Renee, Christina Steinhauser and Lindsey Roy
Listen below as Renee chats with Anthony Meliso, Director of Development at the American Lung Association. He chats about the realities of lung diseases and about the upcoming Fight For Air Climb in Hartford on April 13th. They are also joined by Christina Steinhauser and Lindsey Roy, two amazing Fight For Air climbers who have been personally impacted by lung diseases and they share their moving stories.
We are so excited to sponsor this inspiring event which raises funds and awareness for the American Lung Association!
One of the American Lung Association's signature fundraising events, Fight For Air Climbs are stair climbs held in prominent skyscrapers around the country. Climbers join friends, family, co-workers or even fly solo, climbing the stairs of the building to the top! Over the last several years, our Fight For Air Climbs have raised more than $53 million to support the mission of the American Lung Association.
More than 26,000 participants from 44 Climb events across the country came together last year to raise more than $7.4 million. This year, you can join the challenge and raise money to help provide life-saving lung health research, patient education and public policy efforts.
The Fight For Air Climbs vary in the number of stairs to climb, but each event offers an opportunity for teams and individuals to challenge themselves. And every step you take moves us forward in our fight for healthy lungs and clean air.
Are you ready to help make Every Step Count?
Participants should arrive 30-45 minutes prior to their scheduled start time to check-in.
- 8:00 AM - Power Hour: select participants climb the 34 floors as many times as they are able in one hour
- 8:30 AM - Participant check-in opens. Pick up your bib number and timing chip!
- 9:30 AM - First civilian/non-firefighter climber begins. The first climber will start at 9:30am; others will follow in 12-15 second intervals
- 9:30 AM - The Russian Lady opens for after party!
- 11:45 AM* - Firefighter division begins.
- 12:30 PM* - Civilian awards ceremony begins at The Russian Lady.
- 1:00 PM* - Firefighter awards ceremony begins at The Russian Lady
221 Trumbull Street
Hartford, CT 06103
For more information, visit FightForAirClimb.org/Hartford