Big Y's Care to Share: Sack Hunger Campaign Feeds Thousands!
( Pictured below, from L to R: iHeartRadio's Joe Madden,Vice President of Sales - Hartford & UConn Radio Network Manager, iHeartRadio's Vicki Ward, Region Senior Vice President Sales, iHeartRadio's Kathleen Ansaldi, Senior Account Executive, Bernie Beaudreau, Connecticut Food Bank CEO, Jill Krystofik , Store Director Big Y World Class Market, iHeartRadio's Renee DiNino, Director of Community Affairs & Community Programming, Jason Jakubowski, President & CEO Foodshare, iHeartRadio's Steve Honeycomb, Region President)
Please take a listen to our interviews with President and CEO's of Foodshare, Jason Jakubowski and CT Food Banks, Bernie Beaudreau along with a representative and Store Manager from Big Y, Jill Krystofic.
- Big Y World Class Market encourages customers, both in-store and on air with iHeartRadio, to donate during Big Y station events at local Big Y World Class Market locations!
- Events were hosted in November and December by Renee DiNino of iHeartCommunities to promote Big Y’s Care to Share Sack Hunger Campaign!
- Big Y’s Care to Share Sack Hunger encouraged customers to purchase a large, reusable grocery bag filled with staple, non-perishable food items for local food banks or donate a $10 “virtual bag”.
- “Sacks” were distributed to area soup kitchens, food pantries, senior food programs, day care centers, and other member agencies in need.
- Thousands of people benefited from this amazing campaign and in addition, $5,000 was raised in Connecticut to be shared by Foodshare and CT Food Bank!