Vacation Time! Fidelco Guide Dogs reminds to pack for your pets!
Eliot Russman, President and CEO of Fidelco Guide Dogs has some great tips for those that are traveling this summer!
For many people, the last two weeks of August are vacation time with friends and family. Since many travel with their pets, especially dogs, we want to remind listeners that better travel planning equals more enjoyable vacations!
- Always expect the unexpected. Weather, vehicle trouble, and accidental cuts and bruises.
A few important items to pack are…
- Enough food for the entire vacation plus 3 days…just in case.
- All medications for the trip, plus an extra 3 days…even over-the-counter meds.
- And, pack a pet safety kit that should include…
- Proof of Rabies vaccinations
- Your Veterinarian’s contact information
- The local emergency animal hospital and poison control hotline number
Of course, for a beach or lake vacation, take along a flotation vest made specifically for dogs.
A personal message from Eliot:
Fidelco is very busy, working hard, and having fun. I’m inviting all listeners to bring their passion to Fidelco Guide Dogs and we’ll find a place for them. We have many new pups and need more Volunteer Puppy Raiser families. Our Ride for Independence motorcycle ride event is Sunday, October 7th. It’s a family-friendly event featuring BEAR’S BBQ. And everyone is invited to join Team Fidelco to run, walk and support our charitable mission in the Eversource Hartford Marathon on Saturday, October 13th. All details can be found on our website, fidelco.org. That’s fidelco.org.