Hartford Sängerbund Bierfest 2018 comes to Newington!
The Hartford Saengerbund presents its biennial Bierfest the weekend of Aug. 24-26 outside its clubhouse at 719 North Mountain Road in Newington. Enjoy a traditional German experience similar to Oktoberfest in Munich. Attractions will include:
- A live band from Germany
- German beer and other beverages
- German food including potato pancakes, wursts, schnitzel and more
- Homemade cakes and pastries
- Schuhplattler Dancers performing traditional German dances
- Vendors selling a variety of German-themed products
- Seating under the big tent or in the tree-lined Biergarten
- The Connecticut Schwertbruder Sword Dancers (Saturday only)
- The eight-piece band Blechdurscht XXL from Ditzingen, Germany will perform
Bierfest hours are:
* 4 p.m. to 11 p.m. Friday, August 24
* 2 p.m. to 11 p.m. Saturday, August 25
* Noon to 6 p.m. Sunday, August 26
Admission is $10. Children 17 and younger will be admitted free. The festival takes place under the big tent, rain or shine. For additional information call 860-953-8967, visit HERE, or check out its Facebook page.