Photo Credit: Renee DiNino
TIPS OnHow To Keep Your Pet Safe At The Groomer - With another horror story about a dog dying while getting groomed, pet owners are concerned. Dr Oz will have a special about this today too.
NOTE this information was provided by a service we use - it's so perfect and to the point, I left as written., PLEASE NOTE I didn't write this!!! Credits at bottom! THANK YOU
How can this happen and how can you keep your fur baby safe? Just because a groomer works for a reputable company doesn’t mean they are. Here’s how to do your homework.
- Check the groomer;s credentials. Make sure they are up on the latest info, know pet CPR, and have a clean record.
- Stay with your pet. Watch through the observation window. If they don’t have one…take your pet elsewhere.
- Find out what type of drying equipment they use and make the appropriate decision. If a forced dryer is used be aware that it may take your dog’s breath away, which will obviously psychologically affect them as well as physically.
- Share any medical information about the pet and tell the groomer exactly how you want your pet handled.
- Follow your instincts. If it doesn’t feel right, take Fluffy elsewhere.
Copyright 2018 Dr. Dave's Ultimate Prep | Premiere Networks