Take a listen to the interview below as Renee and Eliot Russman, President & CEO of Fidelco Guide Dog Foundation, talk about the many yummy foods that are poisonous to your pets and remind you to never give to your dogs or cats.
Poisonous foods for dogs:
- Chocolate – especially dark – can cause heart and nervous system collapse and death;
- Grapes, raisins and currants cause kidney failure;
- Fatty foods can cause pancreatitis;
- Alcohol can cause intoxication, coma and death; and
- People medications taken to ease our entry into the next day from too much partying – Ibuprofen and Acetamenophine – Advil and Tylenol – cause stomach ulcers.
Poisonous foods for cats:
- Raw eggs
- Both white and red grapes
- Milk- they cannot process dairy foods
For more information about the Fidelco Guide Dog Foundation, click here.