Feeding Connecticut School Children: Free Meal Locations Across Connecticut. This list will be updated often, please keep checking. PLEASE SCROLL for an alphabetized city list and locations.
Visit www.211ct.org to find food resources in your community.
- Some school districts are continuing to provide meal service during extended school closures due to COVID-19. The response varies by town, so we encourage families to contact their school district directly to find out if and how student meals will be offered while school is out.
- Additionally, Mobile Foodshare continues to run as a resource for anyone in need in the region, including individuals and families that may need some extra support while school is out.
- Click here to find a Mobile Foodshare site near you.
- Updates from the State Department of Education regarding child nutrition programs will be made on this page: CLICK HERE
- Mobile Foodshare is still running so community members can continue to access food assistance.
- We have taken added precautions to help protect the health and safety of those present at distributions.
- Click here to view the latest Mobile Foodshare schedule (note that some locations have cancelled).
From CT Foodbank
COVID-19 Update: Mobile Pantries
Connecticut Food Bank is committed to providing nutritious food to people in need. The current situation with COVID-19 is challenging for many organizations, including ours. We are monitoring the latest information from the CDC and State Government as we work to keep our food distribution safe and active. But day-to-day changes and disruptions are unavoidable.
Keep checking our website and social media for updates to our Mobile Pantry schedule. We are also reaching out to our network of agencies to find ways we can support them in this unprecedented time.
Feeding Connecticut School Children: Free Meal Locations Across Connecticut. This list will be updated often, please keep checking.
March 16, Hamden Public Schools will be serving free meals.
Breakfast and lunch will be available for pick up:
Monday-Friday, from 9:00 A.M.-noon.
Any child aged 18 and under is eligible for these meals. No pre-ordering is required.
Parents or children may pick up the meals each day at the following locations:
- Hamden High School
- Hamden Middle School
- Church Street School
Free grab and go meals available to public school students for pick up at:
- New Britain High School
- Smith Elementary School
- Smalley Elementary School
- Pulaski Middle School
- Food truck at A.W. Stanley Park
Breakfast will be available from 8:30 a.m. to 10 a.m. and lunch from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Starting Monday, public school students can pick up breakfast and lunch at the schools nearest to their homes. Pick-up times are Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to noon. Click here for a map of locations.
Mayor Laura R. Hoydick and Superintendent of Stratford Public Schools Dr. Janet Robinson released a statement saying that bagged lunches will be available starting Monday, March 16 between the hours of 11 a.m. and noon. The initiative will be available to families every weekday while schools remain closed. Meals will be provided as grab-and-go and families will not be permitted to remain on-premises to eat.
The following locations are:
- Franklin Elementary School – 1895 Barnum Avenue
- Nichols Elementary School – 396 Nichols Avenue
- Johnson House – 719 Birdseye Street
- Sterling House Community Center – 2283 Main Street
- South End Community Center – 19 Bates Street
Friendly Hands Food Bank is offering a program that provides weekend supplemental food assistance to anyone in the NWCT area. The program will be offered on Saturday from 10 a.m. — noon at the food bank at 50 King Street.
Public Schools announced Friday that students will be able to pick up breakfast and lunch at 25 schools around the city between 9am and noon beginning Monday, March 16. The complete list of schools offering those meals can be found here.
The meals will be pre-packaged by the school district’s Food Service Department.
Amici Tavern in North Haven and Hamden - while able to remain open, will let school aged children eat for free. Specific details below:
Kids can get their free lunch at the North Haven location Monday through Friday from 11:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Kids can get their free dinner at the Hamden location Monday through Friday from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Guests must purchase one sandwich or entree for the kids to eat free off the kid’s menu.
Photo Getty Images