What to do in CT? Check Out Renee's Better Weekend Blog as seen on TV!
Be sure to watch Better Connecticut with Scot Haney & Kara Sundland every Friday for Better Weekends with our own Renee DiNino on WFSB Channel 3! If you have an event you'd like posted or to be considered for on air please feel free to email Renee DiNino: email@example.com
Some really fun things to do and great organizations to support!
Get the popcorn ready! CLICK here to get connected to new movies out THIS WEEKEND
So, what will you see this weekend at the movies?
Get the popcorn ready! So how did the last Weekend do for the movie box office?
3. I did not see this coming..AT ALL! The Strangers: Prey at Night is a 2018 horror starring Christina Hendricks. It's a sequel to the 2008 film The Strangers. The plot follows a family spending the evening at a deserted mobile home park, where they are stalked by three masked assailants. It brought in just over $10 million, not a huge open, but enough to knock Red Sparro with power A list celeb Jennifer Lawrence into 4th place earning only $8 million making Red Sparrow a bomb at the box office.
2. A Wrinkle In Time comes in a strong second making a respectable debut at over $33 million! Starring Oprah, Reese Witherspoon & Mindy Kaling Jennifer made almost $17
1. AND no surprise here the Black Panther is number 1 again! However earning the least in it's big run at about $40 million.
MOVIE 1. I Can Only Imagine: Dennis Quaid and country star Trace Adkins in this true story that follows the life of Bart Millard, lead singer of the Christian band MercyMe, who loses his father to cancer and inspires him to write the mega-hit song, I Can Only Imagine.
Movie 2: Tomb Raider: Lara leaves everything she knows behind in search of her dad’s last-known destination: a fabled tomb on a mythical island that might be somewhere off the coast of Japan. Starring Kristin Scott Thomas and more!
This Saturday, March 17th, is St. Patrick's Day!!!! There are celebrations, parades & races all around Connecticut!!
Here are 3 great events I'd like to share with you! You can get connected to all by clicking HERE OR HERE.
1. Tavern Night: A Taste of Ireland - March 16 - 17
Noah Webster House & West Hartford Historical Society
The Noah Webster House & West Hartford Historical Society invites the public for its annual dinner and celebration in honor of St. Patrick’s Day. This event is one of the most popular tavern nights held at the museum.
Guests will enjoy a delicious meal featuring homemade Guinness™ Steak Pie, green beans, pickled beets, and Irish soda bread.
At the end of the evening, guests will be invited to play historic tavern games such as Skittles, Captain's Mistress, and Shove Ha'penny in the lantern-lit circa 1748 birthplace of Noah Webster.
Ticket includes dinner, one complimentary drink (beer or wine), live entertainment, and tavern games.
$40 per person and starts at 6pm both nights CLICK HERE to get your tickets!
2. O'Hartford 5K on Sunday March 18
The O'Hartford 5k officially tops off Hartford's St. Patrick Day weekend. Moving party features Irish bagpipers and Celtic fiddlers entertaining along the way. Steps off at 1pm Main Street in Hartford.
3. 2018 Spring Greenhouse Bulb and Plant Sale on March 17
Elizabeth Park Rose Gardens from 10am to 2pm
ONE DAY ONLY PLANT SALE!!! At Elizabeth Park's historic greenhouse. Bring your own trays or boxes to carry plant purchases. The Spring Greenhouse Sale helps support Elizabeth Park Conservancy in its mission to maintain, restore and protect the gardens, grounds and buildings in Elizabeth Park.
Now go make it a BETTER WEEKEND!!!
Now go out and make it a Better Weekend!