PHOTO CRED: GETTY
I always feel left out on #NationalSiblingsDay I grew up an only child. Some of these stereotypes of only children are SPOT ON for me...others...not so much
- We are spoiled brats! I'll be the first one to tell ya, I was definitely spoiled...but I was never a brat!
- Only Children are selfish. True with some but not in my case. I'm not selfish, but I know exactly what I want and I like my stuff returned to me the way I lent it out....yeah I'm talking to YOU MATT SOMMER! How many CD's did I lend my oldest/best friend over the years and got them back all scratched up and covered with gunk! YUCK! LOL
- We put a lot of pressure on ourselves. Well DUH!!!! We have to be the GOOD sibling and the BAD sibling. We don't have the luxury of deflecting to a brother or sister when we mess up.
- We aren't loaners...but we need alone time. ACCURATE!! I NEED MY ALONE TIME! I spent so much time as a kid alone (not complaining) that I became accustomed to having alone time every day. I like people but I like being alone too!
- We don't like conflict. Every-time my parents fought, I didn't have a sibling to help get through it. So yeah when there's a conflict, I run...I run so far awayyyyy....(sorry for breaking out into Flock of Seagulls)