Here is Renee's interview with Jane G. Ellis, President and Executive Director of the Connecticut Cancer Foundation.
She shares about the history of the foundation and how they strive to assist cancer patients and their families with medical expenses brought upon by the disease.
She also chats about the Inaugural Celebrity Golf Classic, which will be held Monday, August 5th at the Rolling Hills Country Club in Wilton, CT!
Listen to the full interview below for all of the info!
Connecticut Cancer Foundation Inaugural Celebrity Golf Classic
Please join us on Monday, August 5, 2019 at the Rolling Hills Country Club in Wilton, CT for the Inaugural Celebrity Golf Classic. Proceeds from this tournament will support the work of the CT Cancer Foundation, a non-profit organization that provides financial assistance to CT cancer patients and funds cutting-edge research at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center.
Celebrities golfing at the Inaugural Celebrity Golf Classic include:
- Anthony "Booger"McFarland - NFL Broadcaster and two time Super Bowl Champion with the Buccaneers & Colts
- Bobby Valentine - Former MLB player, ESPN Broadcaster, and MLB Manager for the Rangers, Mets, and Red Sox
- Roy White - Two time champion outfielder with the New York Yankees
- Steve Phillips - MLB Analyst and former New York Mets General Manager
Date: Monday, August 5, 2019
Time: 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Location: Rolling Hills Country Club
Address: 333 Hurlbutt Street, Wilton, CT 06897
Rolling Hills Country Club features a spectacular 18-hole golf course with tee boxes that range from 5,454 yards to 6,737 yards with a slope from the back tees of 139 and a course rating of 73.1. The course was originally designed by Alfred Tull in 1960 and was renovated by Roger Rulewich in 2002.
10:00 am - 10:30 am - Registration
10:30 am - 11:45 am - Lunch
12:00 pm - Tee-Off Shamble Format
5:00 pm - 6:00 pm - Cocktail Hour
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm - Dinner Reception with Live Auction and stand-up comedy by comedian Vincent McElhone
Golfers will receive:
- 18 holes of golf shamble format
- Sponsored welcome gift bag
- Delicious lunch
- Dinner Reception and Open Bar
- A day of fun and fundraising for CT cancer patients!