It's National Cherish an Antique Day: See if you have something worth $$$$$
In Case You Were Curious…About Antiques!
- Cherish an Antique Day was established by Kathy Delgado in 2007. Delgado founded her own antiques company in 2005 called Vintageweave Interiors hoping to promote and raise awareness of popular antiques on the market. She aimed to celebrate the craftsmanship of artisans who created things without the use of mass production technologies.
- How old does something have to be to be an antique? With the exception of cars, objects are only considered antique if they are over a hundred years old.
- With the vast production of new vehicles, a car can be considered antique at the age of 25. So…like a ballerina? Or one of Hugh Heffner’s girlfriends?
- Anything created before the 1830s can often be considered an antique since that was the year mass production escalated in America.
- An antique can be almost anything: jewelry, art, cars, household items.
- Check out the list of the “top five” unusual items ever brought into Antiques Road Show CLICK HERE