- InsureMyTrip has just come out with their list of the 20 worst airport to fly through during the holidays
- Topping the list this year with 3,918 flights canceled is Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International in Georgia, and that data doesn’t even account for this past weekend’s massive power outage
- This is the first time in five years that Chicago’s O’Hare International didn’t top the list
The holiday airport rush has probably started which means folks traveling for Christmas are bound to encounter huge nightmares as they try to catch their flights. One of the worst problems folks deal with during holiday travel is flight delays and cancelations, and it turns out there are some airports where travelers are more likel to encounter this than others.
InsureMyTrip has just come out with their list of the 20 worst airport to fly through during the holidays and topping the list this year is Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International in Georgia, and their data doesn’t even account for this weekend’s massive power outage. Atlanta’s airport had 3,918 canceled flights this year, which earned them the top spot over Chicago’s O’Hare airport, which has held the title for the past five years.
Top Ten Worst Airports To Fly Through Over The Holidays(click here for the complete Top 20)
- Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International, Atlanta, GA (3,918 cancellations)
- O’Hare International Airport, Chicago, IL (3,505)
- George Bush Intercontinental Airport, Houston, TX (3,481)
- San Francisco International Airport, San Francisco, CA (3,057)
- LaGuardia Airport, New York, NY (2,886)
- Newark Liberty International Airport, Newark, NJ (2,875)
- Logan International Airport, Boston, MA (2,541)
- Orlando International Airport, Orlando, FL (2,510)
- Fort Lauderdale–Hollywood International Airport, Fort Lauderdale, FL (2,371)
- John F. Kennedy International Airport, New York, NY (2,047)